St. Peter's Parrish
Established in 1867 St. Peter Church in the Mission District was prominently a Irish Community. As the years have gone by and change comes thru the communities. St.Peter is one of the oldest parishes in the Mission District serving our community of devoted Catholics. In January 17, 1997 a Votive candle flickering on the Sacred Heart shrine flared up setting fire to the sanctuary, the S.F.F.D arrived and had no choice but to vent the church by smashing all its precious stained glass windows to extinguish the flames.The Mission District suddenly felt empty an devoid of vitality the morning after the fire.